Detroit apartment fire that injured 3 likely caused by stoves used for heat
DETROIT – Investigators with the Detroit Fire Department believe residents’ stoves that were being used for heat could be to blame for an apartment fire on Detroit’s east side. READ: Stove left on to heat apartment believed to be cause of Detroit fireAdHill said the heat inside their apartments has not working correctly and it’s been that way for a while. Fire crews said someone used their stove to stay warm during the night. “We’re using the stove to produce heat to warm the apartments up to a comfortable level because it’s cold,” Hill said. “I do know Local 4 did try to get in connection with the management company,” said Hall.
Stove left on to heat apartment believed to be cause of Detroit fire
DETROIT – An early morning fire in an east side apartment complex may have been caused by residents using stoves to heat their apartments, according to the Detroit Fire Department. The fire department was called to the complex on Seven Mile Road, between Hoover Street and Outer Drive at about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday. ORIGINAL STORY: Residents using stoves for heat likely cause of apartment building fire on Detroit’s east sideAdResidents of the apartment complex said the fire would not have happened if the heat was working properly. Mohamed said his niece lives in the apartment that caught fire and she, her nearly 3-year-old daughter and boyfriend were inside. “The heat has been working ineffectively,” said one resident.