ALLEN PARK, Mich. - Flood waters finally receded Thursday night, revealing the once-flooded lanes of the Southfield Freeway (M-39) at the Outer Drive bridge.
The freeway was flooded in both directions starting Wednesday morning. Heavy rain overnight had water filling up the roadway.
Some cars did become partially submerged in the flood waters, but no serious injuries were reported.
The video above shows the freeway after the water cleared Friday morning.
More on the flooding in Metro Detroit:
- Dearborn Heights neighbors working to clean up after devastating flood
- Metro Detroit residents hope insurance helps cover costs of flood damage
- Beware of scammers, fake contractors during flood cleanup around Metro Detroit
- Will insurance help cover damage from this week's flooding in Metro Detroit?
- Flooding takes toll on Allen Park families: 'Everything needs to be thrown away'
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/HelpMeHank.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.