DETROIT – Detroit police are investigating whether alcohol is a factor in an 8-year-old boy's death Thursday morning.
The boy may have gotten ahold of someone's cup containing alcohol at a home in the 19900 block of Conley Street. That's according to his grandmother, who lives at the home.
Police were called about 1:30 a.m. for a sick boy. He was rushed to a hospital where he fell into cardiac arrest and died.
Neighbors are feeling for the family.
"This is a quiet neighborhood, so everybody keeps to themselves ... this has to touch your heart somehow," said neighbor Jamal Sane.
Detroit police are investigating the death. An autopsy will be needed to confirm if this was in fact a death caused by alcohol poisoning.