ClickOnDetroit National Report -- Thursday, March 28, 2019
VIDEO: Unvaccinated toddler removed from home
A video emerged this week allegedly showing Arizona officers breaking down a door with guns drawn to take an unvaccinated toddler, suspected to be suffering from a high fever, to the hospital after the parents refused.
Around the country:
- Florida: Video from a traffic camera shows several motorcycle and ATV riders swarm a vehicle Sunday afternoon in Edgewood, Fla. Read more.
- Seattle: Two men were killed and a man and woman were injured when a gunman opened fire in a Seattle street and then fled, leading to a fatal car accident. Read more.
- Denver: A Denver-area medical doctor who was arrested earlier this month has admitted to secretly taping naked young boys during medical examinations, according to court documents. Read more.
- California: Two officers were wounded and a suspect was killed during a shootout after police responded Wednesday to reports of a man with a sword entering the Church of Scientology in Inglewood, California. Read more.
- Washington: A Washington state teen has been sentenced to two days in jail after pushing her friend off a bridge into a river. Read more.
Charlottesville car attacker pleads guilty
James Alex Fields, who was convicted by a Virginia jury of driving into a crowd during a 2017 white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, pleaded guilty to 29 federal hate crimes Wednesday, the Department of Justice announced.
Facebook bans white nationalism
Facebook announced Wednesday that it would ban all "praise, support and representation of white nationalism and separatism" on Facebook and Instagram.
Suspect in Jayme Closs kidnapping pleads guilty
Jake Patterson, who kidnapped 13-year-old Jayme Closs and killed her parents in Wisconsin nearly six months ago, fidgeted and wept as he pleaded guilty Wednesday to two counts of intentional homicide and a count of kidnapping.
HUD charges Facebook with housing discrimination
The Department of Housing and Urban Development is charging Facebook with violating the Fair Housing Act.
More POLITICS headlines:
- Poll: Majority says Trump not exonerated after Barr's summary
- Rep. Rashida Tlaib introduces resolution to investigate impeachment of President Trump
- Trump's choice for Fed seat Stephen Moore owes $75,000 to IRS
- Nadler says Barr won't commit to releasing full Mueller report
- Florida Mayor Wayne Messam announces 2020 presidential bid
- Trump's 'party of health care' promise bewilders Republican senators
Trump: FBI and DOJ will review Smollett case
President Trump tweeted Thursday morning that the FBI and Department of Justice will review the case of Jussie Smollett in Chicago.
More ENTERTAINMENT headlines:
- 'Avengers: Endgame' promises to be a very long sit
- Families make online videos a job but few rules protect kids
- 'Dumbo' gets Disney live-action parade off to high-flying start
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.