Texas officer fatally shoots woman, video shows
A Texas police officer fatally shot a woman who police said grabbed his Taser and used it against him, moments after she seemed to say "I'm pregnant" in an altercation captured on video.
Around the country:
- Virginia: A traveling carnival worker confessed Monday to killing two women and a teen girl earlier this year, but claimed the deaths were accidental, according to court documents. Read more.
- California: A man was arrested Monday hours after a 63-year-old woman was beaten to death with an electric Bird scooter, according to police in Long Beach, California. Read more.
- Maryland: Accused domestic terror plotter Christopher Hasson will not be released from jail ahead of his trial, a Maryland federal judge ruled Monday. Read more.
- Colorado: Officials in Colorado made school safety and mental health a priority Monday, nearly a week after a Denver-area school shooting left one dead and eight injured. Read more.
- Alaska: At least four people are dead after two floatplanes collided in flight Monday afternoon near Ketchikan, Alaska, according to a news release from the US Coast Guard. Read more.
Radioactive carbon found deep in ocean
Decades after the nuclear bomb tests of the Cold War, traces of radioactive carbon have been found in the deepest parts of the ocean.
Jury orders Monsanto to pay $2 billion
A jury handed an unparalleled $2.055 billion verdict in favor of a couple in California who say their cancer was caused by long-term exposure to Monsanto's popular weed killer Roundup, according to the plaintiffs' attorneys.
Anthony Weiner released from prison custody
Anthony Weiner was released Tuesday from prison custody after serving a 21-month sentence for sexting with a minor.
More POLITICS headlines:
Tim Conway dies at 85
Actor and comedian Tim Conway, best known for his work on "The Carol Burnett Show," died on Tuesday morning in Los Angeles, according to his publicist.
More ENTERTAINMENT headlines: