The top stories of the week, what's happening today!
"Beautiful morning skies in Wyandotte ❤️ love the reflection." -- ronniepotter/StormPins
Welcome to the weekend! It's heating up with humidity today. However, we're not talking about the kind of heat we experienced last week. There also should be some wind, too, to keep things a bit more comfortable. The Local 4Casters say the chances for pop-up storms today are slim.
Enjoy the summer day! 😎
Check the latest forecast at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
It's a summer weekend for MDOT: Full closures are planned on I-94, M-5 and M-59, while lanes will be closed on I-94, I-96, I-375, M-10 and M-39 from starting last night and lasting into Monday morning.
View the full Weekend Construction Guide here.
Always check the live Traffic Map here.
It was another busy week in Metro Detroit -- let's look back at the top stories:
This tragic story has gripped our audience all week. Lawrence James Davis, 23, is now charged with open murder in connection with the beating death of Tyler Jordan Wingate, 24. It happened about 1:50 a.m. Monday at the Pure Gas Station at the intersection of West Davison and Livernois in Detroit. The attack was caught on surveillance video.
The week started with hundreds of thousands of DTE Energy customers without power in Metro Detroit. Some people went SIX days without power. DTE said the weekend storms wreaked havoc on trees and power lines. Our Hank Winchester caught up with executives this week with the questions everyone has -- watch what they said here.
The Tigers are so bad that all we can do is sit around dreaming about trade deadline scenarios. Imagine this ball club without its best players, and then imagine them still having to finish the season. Read how that could play out here.
Kid Rock is selling his Detroit mansion, and we all got a great virtual tour of the home this week. Yikes ... this thing is something special. It sits right along the river. You just have to see for yourself.
Local events happening today:
- 🎵 Mo Pop Festival returns to Detroit's West Riverfront: What you need to know
- Maker Faire at the Henry Ford Saturday and Sunday 🏰
- The 48th Annual Arab and Chaldean Festival will take place at Hart Plaza from noon to late evening both today and tomorrow.
- St. Clair Riverfest Testing 12:30 - 3:30 p.m. 🛥️
- Queen and Adam Lambert play LCA tonight at 8 p.m. 🎤
- Maxwell is at the Aretha at 8 p.m. 🎤
🗓️ Here's what's on the extended calendar:
- July 30-31 -- The second Democratic presidential primary debate will be held in Detroit.
- Aug. 6 -- Primary election day for many communities across Michigan
- Aug. 9 -- 🤣 Impractical Jokers bring tour to DTE
- Aug. 17 -- ⚔️♞ Renaissance Festival begins!
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
📷 Today's Featured Photo: "Beautiful morning skies in Wyandotte ❤️ love the reflection." -- ronniepotter/StormPins
Woah ... yeah, that is pretty cool! Keep that kind of stuff coming!
Submit your photo:
Send us a News Tip here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.