Happy Sunday! It'll be a great morning for tailgating, if you're heading to the Lions game today. We'll stay dry all day, warming up to near 80 degrees.
Check the latest forecast at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
Westbound I-94 is closed in Detroit this weekend for bridge work between I-75 and Michigan Avenue. All lanes will reopen by 10 a.m. Sunday. More info on the project here.
🚧 Always check the live Traffic Map here.
Here's a look ahead at what's happening this week:
The amazing Detroit Youth Choir will return to the stage in the final round of America's Got Talent on Tuesday night. They'll need your vote to get to win it all! Local 4's Kimberly Gill will be in Los Angeles with the choir on all week with live reports.
The Detroit Red Wings started training camp on Friday, with their first preseason game set for Tuesday night vs. Chicago. The team will play in nine preseason games.
Celebrate Detroit design as one of the nation's oldest public markets transforms into a creative district by night. More than 40 studios and galleries will open late throughout the district. Sheds 2, 3, 4, and 5 will be open with interactive experiences, brand activations with Detroit's up-and-coming designers, installations, and parties.
Cheeseburger Day 🍔
Another excuse to have a cheeseburger is always good with us! This celebration of one of the most iconic and delicious foods of the USA has been taking place every year since the early 1920s. So, why stop now? We won't!
✨ Local events happening today:
- Barktoberfest Royal Oak 🌟
- Say Cheese Fest Detroit
- Mexican Independence Day at Clark Park 🌟
- Sunday Markets at Eastern Market
- Troy Family Daze 🌟
- Lions vs. Chargers at Ford Field at 1 p.m.
✨ Here's what's on the extended calendar:
- Sept. 17 -- Detroit Red Wings begin preseason 🏒
- Sept. 19 -- Eastern Market After Dark 🎉
- Sept. 19 -- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Sept. 20 -- Funky Ferndale Art Fair 🎭
- Sept. 20 -- Pepperoni Pizza Day
- Sept. 28 -- Avril Lavigne at Fox Theatre 🎤
- Oct. 1 -- Phil Collins at LCA 🎤
- Oct. 5 -- The Black Keys at LCA 🎤
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
Hear ye, hear ye! We are now offering $5 off tickets to the Renaissance Festival! This year's festival runs weekends and Labor Day, Aug. 17 to Sept. 29. The fun all happens at 12600 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442.
Adventure awaits! Purchase your discounted tickets here!
Submit your photo:
- Hit us up on Instagram -- @local4news
Send us a News Tip here.