DETROIT – A man and two teenagers were burned during a flash fire in the basement of a Detroit home, officials said.
The incident happened Wednesday morning (June 9) in the 17500 block of Trinity Street on Detroit’s west side, according to authorities.
Fire officials said a 59-year-old man and two teenage boys, ages 14 and 17, were working in the basement of a home with some sort of epoxy when the fumes came in contact with an open flame.
The reaction caused a flash fire. Both teenagers have burns on their faces and hands, officials said.
The 59-year-old man has burns on the whole front side of his body, according to firefighters.
No additional information was made available.