DETROIT – It's been a high-stakes day for the UAW. It's national GM council spent hours sequestered, pouring over the tentative deal and when a decision finally came down it was tense and emotional.
Moments after the UAW's National Council voted to send that tentative deal to the membership it got tense. UAW members from Lordstown, which under this deal remains shuttered, heckled other shop cahirmen as they left the hourslong marathon meeting.
Watch the video above for the full report.
- UAW sends tentative contract with GM to membership for ratification vote
- UAW-GM strike: Following updates as union leaders expected to vote on tentative agreement
- What's in the proposed UAW-GM tentative agreement
- UAW-GM strike: A timeline of events
- UAW-GM strike: What we're learning about the tentative agreement
- UAW-GM strike: Union leaders meet to review tentative agreement
- Deal to end GM strike won't save Lordstown plant
- UAW-GM strike: Union leaders to vote on tentative agreement today