A glorious weather weekend is on tap for Southeast Michigan. Break out the flip flops, make yourself a refreshing beverage and enjoy it. It's one of those "not too hot, not too cold" weekends. 🍹
Check the latest forecast at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
Two big freeway closures this weekend that will look just like last weekend:
- WB I-94 from I-96 to Michigan Ave closed for construction starting Friday night, lasting through the weekend.
- EB I-696 from I-75 to I-94 closed for construction starting Friday night, lasting through the weekend.
- M-1 (Woodward Avenue) closing for City of Pontiac event this weekend in Oakland County. Northbound and southbound M-1 will be closed between Martin Luther King, Jr. (MLK) Boulevard and Orchard Lake Road/Auburn Avenue. Reopening Sunday at 10 a.m.
🚧 BTW: The third segment of the I-75 modernization project in Oakland County is set to begin on Sunday. Here's what to know.
🚧 Always check the live Traffic Map here.
It was another busy week in Metro Detroit -- let's look back at the top stories:
A new report ranks the best school districts in Michigan heading into the 2019-2020 school year. Niche released their 2020 best school rankings this week, looking at the top schools and top districts in every state.
This was a truly terrifying story. A family was stopped at a red light on Detroit's west side Saturday when they said two men began shooting at their car. Video of the incident has been released and the family hopes someone recognizes the men in it.
This was wild: A Detroit man is accused of pulling a blue steel revolver on his boss, threatening to shoot him and demanding money in the middle of the workplace with other employees in the room.
On Monday, a well-known Bigfoot cutout was stolen from a store in Livingston County. After a plea for its return, Bigfoot appeared at the store on Tuesday -- with a mystery note.
✨ Local events happening today:
- Sarah McLachlan at Meadow Brook Amphitheatre 🎶
- Florida Georgia Line at DTE Energy Music Theatre 🎤
- Anthony Hamilton at Aretha Franklin Amphitheatre 🎶
- Cajun Seafood Festival in Orion Township 🦐
- 8th Annual Detroit Fine Art Fair in Midtown 🖼️
- Detroit Tigers vs. Kansas City Royals at Comerica Park ⚾
- Last day of 73rd Annual Wayne County Fair ☀️
✨ Here's what's on the extended calendar:
- Aug. 17 -- ⚔️♞ Renaissance Festival begins!
- Aug. 17 -- Woodward Dream Cruise 🚗
- Aug. 29 -- Michigan State Fair begins 🎡
- Aug. 30 -- Arts, Beats and Eats weekend 🖼️ 🎶 🍔
- Aug. 30 -- Detroit Jazz Festival kicks off 🎷
- Sept. 2 -- Labor Day 🇺🇸
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
Submit your photo:
- Hit us up on Instagram -- @local4news
Send us a News Tip here.