Student accusing Hamtramck school employee of sexual assault testifies in court
HAMTRAMCK, Mich. – A student with special needs who said a school employee sexually assaulted him was in court Thursday to describe the alleged encounter.
Ibrahim Aljahim is a school employee at Hamtramck's Oakland International Academy and has been charged in the violent sexual assault of a student.
The student testified that Aljahim took him from a classroom Sept. 18, got him into a car, drove off school grounds and sexually assaulted him in the car.
- Hamtramck teacher, activist Ibrahim Aljahim has hearing for student sex assault charge
- More details surface after Hamtramck school employee accused of forcing student to perform sex act
- Judge orders tether for school employee charged in Hamtramck student sex case
- Hamtramck school employee faces judge in student sexual assault case
- Hamtramck school employee accused of forcing student with special needs to perform sex act
- Hamtramck man charged with criminal sexual conduct involving 18-year-old victim
The student said he got into the car with Aljahim because he follows the Koran and said it teaches him to do what his elders say.
"I was shaking in fear, it was hard for me to move," the 18-year-old student said.
Aljahim is known as a Democratic political activist, aligning himself with national and local politicians. He faces life in prison if convicted. The hearing is expected to continue next week.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.