Prowler caught on camera wanted for touching woman inside Troy home
ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich. – Police believe a man recorded on a home surveillance system is responsible for at least five incidents of prowling at homes and, in one case, entering a Troy home and touching a sleeping woman on the leg.
"Lots of times, these videos are so blurry but, this one, it's very clear, " Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard said. "Someone will know who this is and we need to stop his escalating behavior."
- Sleeping Troy woman feels home invader touch her leg in middle of night, police say
- Video shows invader creeping through Troy home before touching sleeping woman, police say
- Home invader wanders around Troy house for 10 minutes, touches sleeping woman
- 'My family can't live normal until he's caught:' video shows Troy home invader
- Surviellance video of home invader who touched sleeping Troy woman
The peeping incidents are suspected to have begun in March in the Troy and Rochester Hills area. They escalated in July when police said the man in the video went into a Troy home and touched a woman.
Police said he's connected to that incident and four other peeping incidents, and likely several more. Residents in the Auburn Road and Livernois Avenue area said they have seen him between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m.
People who have seen him said that, when he's confronted, he claims he accidentally went into the wrong home and leaves.
Officials are asking anyone with information to contact either the Oakland County Sheriff's Department at 248-858-4950 or the Troy Police Department at 248-524-3477.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.