DTE worker dies after being electrocuted by downed wire on Detroit’s west side
DETROIT – A DTE Energy worker has died after being electrocuted by a downed wire on Detroit’s west side, officials said.
The man was found in the 14600 block of Braile Street around 3 p.m. Tuesday afternoon in the Brightmoor Neighborhood.
Officials said the DTE worker had worked for DTE for a significant amount of time.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
Metro Detroit weather: Rain not finished, but things will improve for weekend
We’ll ditch some of the heat before the weekend. But humidity and rain chances aren’t done with us yet.
4 Fast Facts
- Dramatic video shows a public safety officer from Harper Woods putting himself in danger to rescue a man from a burning car on I-94. Click here to read more.
- Former Detroit Bad Boys great Vinnie Johnson is spending a lot of time in court these days. Click here to read more.
- Now four days after the heavy rainfall, Metro Detroit residents are still trying to clear out wet basements as quickly as possible. Click here to read more.
- A book that was checked out at the Ann Arbor District Library more than 70 years ago has finally been returned. Click here to read more.
Henry Ford Health System to require COVID vaccinations for all employees
According to officials, the requirement for all of the health system’s staff members, students, volunteers and contractors to receive their COVID vaccination will take effect Sept. 10, 2021. The health system is the first in Michigan, but not the first in the U.S., to require its employees to get their shots.
Illegal dumping concerns grow as Metro Detroit residents clean up after severe flooding
Tips have been coming in from viewers all across Metro Detroit about illegal dumping.
The concern now is that after the severe weather people may dump their ruined items rather than disposing of them properly.