As Joe Biden nears the announcement of his vice presidential choice, the top contenders and their advocates are making final appeals.
A 30-year-old father died trying to swim across a pond late Thursday night after being encouraged to take a bet.
Police have made an arrest in connection with the death of a 33-year-old woman. The burnt remains of Waterford Township resident Susie Zhao were found near a park July 13.
The number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Michigan has risen to 81,621 as of Saturday morning, including 6,199 deaths, state officials report.
Friday’s update includes 734 new cases and 8 additional deaths.
Here’s a look at more of the data:
This weekend will be humid with showers and thunderstorms possible through Tuesday morning.
- Track the live Michigan Weather Radar here
- Track severe weather alerts here
- Find more weather forecast articles at Weather Center
- ‘I’m hurting so bad’: Vigil held for 10-year-old girl killed in Warren crash
- Video captures fatal encounter between Detroit police officer, man with sword
- Independent report: Ex-University of Michigan provost had history of sexual misconduct
- Harper Woods Mayor Kenneth Poynter turns in letter of resignation amid controversy
- Some Beaumont employees fall victim to phishing scam, potentially exposing patient information
- Michigan Court of Appeals orders immediate release of 15-year-old ‘Grace’
- Trump says he’ll act to ban TikTok in US as soon as Saturday
- Watch live: Tracking Hurricane Isaias as it moves toward Florida
- Hurricane Isaias lashes Bahamas while Florida battens down
- Mexico 3rd in global pandemic deaths, Vietnam struggles anew
Sports Headlines ⚾🏒🏀🏈⚽
- Forced outside by COVID-19, young Michigan gymnasts fight to maintain skills
- Michigan high school sports council approves ‘phased-in’ plan for fall sports