DETROIT – Officials are concerned about the trend of rising COVID-19 cases in Michigan.
More than 2,000 cases were confirmed Thursday, a record breaking single-day count.
Due to the high numbers, some people have already started stocking up on household items the way they did when the pandemic first started.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
Metro Detroit weather: Freeze Warning in effect after bedtime
A Freeze Warning is in effect for Detroit and all of Southeast Michigan from 4:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. ET, Friday.
4 Fast Facts
- For people living with autism, finding a job can be an extremely difficult process. The Ford Motor Company is looking to fix that. Click here to read more.
- Police are investigating a fatal crash in Waterford Township near a Mitsubishi car dealership that killed a 6-year-old girl. Click here to read more.
- A Detroit investment advisor took $90,000 from two of his clients and spent the money for himself, according to officials. Click here to read more.
- Deanna Hair was released from the hospital after spending more than 195 days there due to complications from COVID-19. Click here to read more.
There are two new studies you should know about when it comes to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The first is a study that might help ease your mind about the likelihood of being exposed to COVID-19 on an airplane. The second is a look at the possible impact blood type could have on your COVID-19 risk.
For thousands of Michiganders, it’s the opportunity for a better life. The bipartisan Clean Slate Package will automatically expunge some marijuana convictions, minor crimes and nonviolent felonies. It is one of the most progressive legislation of its kind in the country and Gov. Gretchen Whitmer called the legislation a “game changer.” Lt. Gov. Garlin Gilchrist II said there’s still a lot of work to be done before people get a fresh start.
Officials have charged a 14th person in connection with the alleged domestic terror plot targeting Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer. Brian Higgins, 51, of Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, is charged with material support of an act of terrorism, a 20-year felony. Higgins is accused of being part of the plan to kidnap Whitmer from her vacation home. He is the eighth man to be charged by Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel’s office. An additional six men were charged by federal authorities.
- 103-year-old Detroiter seeks to inspire others to vote
- Detroit Pistons work to get out the vote, record turnout expected
- Video of police chaplain praying for Detroit goes viral
- Michigan Gov. Whitmer signs 25 bills into law, vetoes 3 others -- view details here
- Detroit police seeking man in connection with assault at gas station on Mack Avenue
- Charges dropped against Westland man who accused Menards security guard of breaking his leg over mask policy
- What can we learn from the COVID-19 pandemic? A look at global CO2 emissions