Man charged with murder
A University of Michigan student is accused of using a 15-pound dumbbell to murder his aunt in the basement of a Troy home, according to officials. Nayir Masrur, 20, of Troy, is charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of Rubab Huq, 66, of Troy.
4 fast facts
Detroit police are searching for a gunman accused of killing a woman and a security guard at a senior home. Read more .
A teacher was killed in a fiery crash on I-94 near 23 Mile Road in Macomb County. Read more .
A Northville Township police officer saved an overdosing man on his first day on the force using Narcan. Read more .
Dan Gilbert sold the Greektown Casino-Hotel in Detroit. Read more .
Three Fitzgerald High School students are facing charges for their alleged part in a brawl that happened at the high school in Warren.
A local teacher, Jaclyn Marie Scott, 34, of Chesterfield Township, was killed in a crash. The school principal said counselors and support staff will be at the school on Wednesday.
The Local 4 Defenders are investigating mass shootings and finding out what parents can do to prevent them. Kevin Dietz took a look at the issue of mental illness and what can be done for people slipping into potentially dangerous isolation.
Memorial for fallen K-9 officer
A memorial service was held Wednesday afternoon for a St. Clair Shores police K-9 officer who was killed in the line of duty.
- Bloomfield Twp. Target employee accused of embezzling thousands in elaborate online ordering scam
- Detroit restaurant named among best new spots in America
- Michigan Medicaid approved for drug pricing experiment
- Girls who went missing while taking out trash in Detroit found safe, police say
- Children's Hospital of Michigan unveils new float
- Good Health: Whole grains and type 2 diabetes
- Detroit hosts Ready,Set, Build Expo to hire trade and construction workers
- Marvel heroes visit children's hospital