"A tall ship cruising through Marine City on its way to Bay City." -- Lori Hannon/StormPins
It's hot. No other way to put it.
Oh, and it's going to get hotter. Friday and Saturday, specifically, will be really, really hot and humid, with real temperatures into the upper 90s, pushing heat indices to more than 100 degrees, possibly topping 110.
- Here's a list of cooling centers that are opening. 😓
- Here are extreme heat red flags to watch out for. 🚩
- NOTE: Today is an OZONE ACTION DAY -- don't mow the lawn, try not to drive if you don't have to, and reduce your electricity usage if you can!
And try to find ways to stay cool. Also, think back to those icy cold days in January when you thought, "OMG, I just want warmth." Here, you have it.
Check the latest forecast at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
Watch out for some construction today on Middlebelt Road at I-94, right near Detroit Metro Airport. The right lane will be closed on both southbound and northbound Middlebelt Road.
By the way: A busy part of I-94 in Detroit will be closed this weekend as crews work on setting beams for bridges.
Always check the live Traffic Map here.
There will be a lot of viewers happy to see Rhonda Walker back on Local 4 today! She has been dearly missed! Here's her latest message about her recovery.
What’s next for I-75 construction in Oakland County 🚧
OK, we're not yet done in construction news. I-75 deserves its own section -- really, it deserves its own newsletter! Here's the latest: Segment 3 of the I-75 Modernization Project (between 8 Mile and 13 Mile roads) is just around the corner. Yay ... said no one. There is a meeting tonight about this 5.5-mile stretch of construction through Royal Oak, Hazel Park and Madison Heights. This whole thing is supposed to be done by 2023, so let's get going!
Macomb County roads plan
There is a new plan to repair Powell Road in northern Macomb County. County leaders are holding a 1 p.m. news conference today to discuss the update on the 1,773 miles of roadway. The county's roads department says costs associated with fixing the poor road condition exceeds $2.3 billion. 👀
🖼️ 🎨 Ann Arbor Art Fair begins -- here's what to know
It's here! One of the biggest and best art fairs in the country starts TODAY in Ann Arbor. Our All About Ann Arbor team is all over it. They will be your guide to the event, and they'll be there with their own booth set up!
First, a little trip back through history (this is awesome): Ann Arbor Art Fair throughout the decades
🗓️ Here's what's on the calendar:
- July 19-21 -- Pig and Whiskey festival in Ferndale
- July 20 -- 🎶 Jeff Lynne's ELO at Little Caesars Arena
- July 20 -- 👨🚀🌕 Apollo 11 first Moon Landing 50th anniversary
- July 21 -- 🌮 Taco Showdown Detroit 2019 at Eastern Market
- July 22 -- Taste Fest 2019 at Jimmy Johns Field
- July 23 -- NAACP National Convention Diversity Career Fair at Cobo Center
- July 26 -- 🍺 Ypsilanti Summer Beer Festival
- July 27-28 -- MO POP Festival 2019
- July 30-31 -- The second Democratic presidential primary debate will be held in Detroit.
- Aug. 6 -- Primary election day for many communities across Michigan
- Aug. 9 -- 🤣 Impractical Jokers bring tour to DTE
- Aug. 17 -- ⚔️♞ Renaissance Festival begins!
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
Red Wings street hockey tour in Royal Oak 🏒
The Red Wings street hockey tour is in Royal Oak today! Each stop on the tour features two sessions, one each for children ages 7-9 and 10-12. The younger age group will start at 10 a.m. while the older group will begin at 1 p.m. each day. Parents or guardians must register their children online in advance of each tour stop at www.DetroitRedWings.com/streethockey.
They won't be back in Metro Detroit until July 30 in Belleville.
If you haven't gotten in on this Renaissance Festival tickets discount, do it now! Seriously, you can't lose here, and it's a GREAT time over at the festival. It's available for a limited-time -- you can only buy these tickets for a 50% discount through Aug. 17.
Here's a link to learn more about the 2019 Renaissance Festival. This year's festival runs weekends and Labor Day, Aug. 17 to Sept. 29. The fun all happens at 12600 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442.
Adventure awaits! Purchase your half-off tickets here!
📷 Today's Featured Photo: "A tall ship cruising through Marine City on its way to Bay City." -- Lori Hannon/StormPins
We love this one! Thank you for sharing! ❤️
Submit your photo:
Send us a News Tip here.