Starting to feel more like August summer this weekend and next week, with temps back into the upper 80s and even into the 90s.
There are thunderstorm chances on Saturday, but not until later in the afternoon and evening. The first part of the Woodward Dream Cruise should be dry.
Check the latest forecast at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
If you have any plans this weekend, you should take a few traffic notes before heading out.
- SB M-10 (Lodge Freeway) will be closed at Wyoming Avenue in Detroit until Monday morning.
- I-94 bridge, road repair project near Detroit Metro Airport started on Friday and will last through the fall.
- Westbound I-94 is closed in Detroit for repairs through Monday morning.
Check the full list of weekend construction in Metro Detroit right here. Spoiler alert: it's long.
🚧 Always check the live Traffic Map here.
It was another busy week in Metro Detroit -- let's look back at the top stories:
Two Michigan beaches have been ranked among the best in America. Big 7 Travel released their list of the 50 best beaches in America this week.
A mountain lion image caught on a landowner’s trail camera in Gogebic County has been confirmed as the state’s 39th cougar report since 2008.
If you want to party on a lake, Michigan is a great place to make that happen. Thrillist released their list of the best party lakes in America this week and one Michigan lake made the list - it probably won't surprise you. (No, it's not Torch Lake)
From touching the banner to the winged helmets to playing in front of 100,000 fans every Saturday, the Michigan football program boasts some of the greatest traditions in the sport. This week, Sports Illustrated recognized another Michigan tradition, naming "The Victors" the best fight song in college football history.
✨ Local events happening today:
- Renaissance Festival begins! ⚔️♞
- Woodward Dream Cruise 🚗
- Ann Arbor Blues Festival 🎷
- Nelly, TLC and Flo Rida at DTE Energy Music Theatre 🎶
- 37th Annual African World Festival in Detroit
- Michigan Comic Convention at Cobo Center
- Chattanooga FC at Detroit City FC ⚽
- Bee Fest at Belle Isle Nature Center 🐝
- India Day at Suburban Collection Showplace 🎭
- Rich the Kid at Aretha Franklin Amphitheatre 🎶
- Howell Melon Festival 🍈
✨ Here's what's on the extended calendar:
- Aug. 23 -- Detroit Lions vs. Buffalo Bills at Ford Field
- Aug. 29 -- Michigan State Fair begins 🎡
- Aug. 30 -- Michigan State football opener vs. Tulsa 🏈
- Aug. 30 -- Arts, Beats and Eats weekend 🖼️ 🎶 🍔
- Aug. 31 -- Detroit Jazz Festival kicks off 🎷
- Aug. 31 -- Michigan football opener vs. Middle Tenn. State 🏈
- Sept. 2 -- 🇺🇸 Labor Day
- Sept. 7 -- Dally in the Alley in Midtown 🍻
- Sept. 8 -- Detroit Lions open season in Arizona 🏈
- Sept. 14 -- 18th Annual Tour de Troit 🚴
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
Submit your photo:
Send us a News Tip here.