DETROIT – Doctors are starting to learn more about how the coronavirus (COVID-19) can affect the brain, and they report some patients are suffering from confusion, or even delirium. In some cases, the neurological symptoms were the first signs of their infection, doctors said.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 Fast Facts
- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is alarmed by Michigan’s coronavirus (COVID-19) numbers, saying the new positive cases are about three times what the state had a few weeks ago. Click here to read more.
- The Big Ten announced Thursday that fall sports teams, including football, will only play against conference opponents this year if there is a season. Click here to read more.
- President Donald Trump insists that schools reopen this fall. Click here to read more.
- Some people are reporting having skin issues that could be linked to the frequent use of masks amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here to read more.
Police were dispatched to the Westland Mall for reports of shots fired on Thursday evening. Police said an employee said two or three men were arguing inside a perfume store when one man pulled a hand gun and fired two shots at another man.
Governor Gretchen Whitmer reiterated Thursday that residents are required to wear a mask in all enclosed public spaces.
Despite that, some people still refuse to do so and, in some cases, things have turned violent when people are called out for it.
Audrey B. has spent nine of her 23 years on earth working at Hollywood Market in Rochester Hills. She started as a bagger and over time, worked her way up in the company. “It’s been a long journey and I think I’m still going to be here a while,” says Audrey.
It’s no secret that we’re living in stressful times, and it seems like that could be leading to more broken hearts. A new study finds cases of ‘broken heart syndrome’ have increased during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Questions about coronavirus (COVID-19)? Ask Dr. McGeorge
- Help Me Hank: Resources during COVID-19 outbreak
- Detroit Golf Club members team up to help frontline workers
- Here’s how ace Matt Boyd, top prospect Casey Mize performed in Detroit Tigers’ intrasquad game
- Supreme Court rules Manhattan DA can obtain Trump taxes
- Michigan AG to handle prosecutions from large Diamond Lake party