ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- Jan. 7, 2020
Here are this morning’s top stories
Season 4 of WDIV’s Shattered Podcast chronicles the rise and fall of the iconic labor leader, Jimmy Hoffa. In Episode 5, we take a deeper look at the disappearance of Hoffa.
One question has prompted FBI searches and conspiracy theories for over forty years; where is Jimmy Hoffa’s body? In May of 2004 police pulled up floorboards in a Northwest Detroit home, but found nothing. In 2012, they dug up a backyard in Roseville, Michigan -- nothing. In 2013, acting on a tip from mobster Tony Zerilli, the FBI dug on a farm on Buell Road in Oakland Township. Why have there been so many seemingly credible tips and where else should the FBI be looking?
Episodes 1-5 of Shattered: Hoffa are available now wherever you listen to podcasts. This season is hosted by Local 4′s Steve Garagiola. Listen here.
From the Local 4Casters: Today will feature at least partly cloudy skies, followed by an Arctic cold front crossing the area in the mid to late afternoon with a quick band of snow showers. Since the front doesn’t arrive until this afternoon, highs ahead of it should reach the low 40s (6 degrees Celsius). Southwest winds will increase to 10 to 15 mph this afternoon. Here’s the full forecast.
- Fight over someone trying to cut in line leads to shooting at Thunderbowl in Allen Park (video)
- Detroit police seek missing 19-year-old who has mental illness
- Video shows what led to fatal punch inside St. Clair Shores bar
- Crews dig near I-696 in Madison Heights to determine how far contamination spread
- Vinsetta Garage, Berkley fail to reach agreement after years of parking issues
- Iraqi Consulate in Detroit to accept condolences on behalf of Iranian general killed in US airstrike
- Online crime spree comes to an end in Sterling Heights
- Report: Pistons star Blake Griffin to visit specialist, consider season-ending knee surgery
- Manon Rhéaume’s story: Hear from the first female NHL player
- ‘Essential and influential’: How a passion beyond soccer drives Detroit City FC’s fierce supporters
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.