House fire reported in Ann Arbor
ANN ARBOR, MI -- Firefighters are battling a house fire in Ann Arbor. As of 8:22 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 18, a two-story house in the 1000 block of South Main Street between Hoover Street and Pauline Boulevard was on fire. Video footage recorded by an MLive employee showed flames emanating from the structure’s roof, with firefighters dousing them with water. It is unknown at this time if any injuries have been reported. MLive was unable to reach the Ann Arbor Fire Department for comment.mlive.com
Detroit apartment fire that injured 3 likely caused by stoves used for heat
DETROIT – Investigators with the Detroit Fire Department believe residents’ stoves that were being used for heat could be to blame for an apartment fire on Detroit’s east side. READ: Stove left on to heat apartment believed to be cause of Detroit fireAdHill said the heat inside their apartments has not working correctly and it’s been that way for a while. Fire crews said someone used their stove to stay warm during the night. “We’re using the stove to produce heat to warm the apartments up to a comfortable level because it’s cold,” Hill said. “I do know Local 4 did try to get in connection with the management company,” said Hall.
Stove left on to heat apartment believed to be cause of Detroit fire
DETROIT – An early morning fire in an east side apartment complex may have been caused by residents using stoves to heat their apartments, according to the Detroit Fire Department. The fire department was called to the complex on Seven Mile Road, between Hoover Street and Outer Drive at about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday. ORIGINAL STORY: Residents using stoves for heat likely cause of apartment building fire on Detroit’s east sideAdResidents of the apartment complex said the fire would not have happened if the heat was working properly. Mohamed said his niece lives in the apartment that caught fire and she, her nearly 3-year-old daughter and boyfriend were inside. “The heat has been working ineffectively,” said one resident.
Residents using stoves for heat likely cause of apartment building fire on Detroit’s east side
DETROIT – An early morning fire in an east side apartment complex may have been caused by residents using stoves to heat their apartments, according to the Detroit Fire Department. The fire department was called to the complex on East 7 Mile Road near Hoover Street shortly before 3:30 a.m. Wednesday. Two people, one of which is a 3-year-old girl, were transported to the hospital for medical treatment, although their injuries are not believe to be serious. Several residents of the apartment building said they had asked for the owner multiple times to fix the heat in the building. They said they needed to use stoves and space heaters to heat their apartments, and that it was so cold in there that they could see their breath inside.
ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- Oct. 24, 2020
Two Detroit officers were injured in a collision Friday night at the intersection of Seven Mile Road and Hoover Street. The president will be making a stop in Michigan next week to hold a campaign rally just one week before the presidential election. The number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Michigan has risen to 154,688 as of Friday, including 7,147 deaths, state officials report. Friday’s update represents 1,826 new cases and 18 additional deaths. Here’s a look at more of the data:
2 Detroit officers injured in crash on city’s east side
DETROIT – Two Detroit officers were injured in a collision Friday night at the intersection of Seven Mile Road and Hoover Street. Three police vehicles were heading south on Hoover on an emergency run. As they got to the intersection, an SUV was trying to make the light on 7 Mile Road when the vehicles collided. A woman in another vehicle was also hit. The woman, who was hit, hurt her ankle but is going to be OK.Watch the video above for the full report