Two Detroit officers were injured in a collision Friday night at the intersection of Seven Mile Road and Hoover Street.
The U.S. coronavirus caseload has reached record heights with more than 83,000 infections reported in a single day, the latest ominous sign of the disease’s grip on the nation, as states from Connecticut to the Rocky Mountain West reel under the surge.
The president will be making a stop in Michigan next week to hold a campaign rally just one week before the presidential election.
The number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Michigan has risen to 154,688 as of Friday, including 7,147 deaths, state officials report.
Friday’s update represents 1,826 new cases and 18 additional deaths.
Here’s a look at more of the data:
- Track the live Michigan Weather Radar here
- Track severe weather alerts here
- Submit storm photos here
- Find more weather forecast articles at Weather Center
- Kamala Harris to visit Detroit on Sunday to campaign for Joe Biden
- Flashpoint 10/25/20: With governor’s powers deflated, is Michigan ready for second coronavirus wave?
- DDOT bus driver injured in multi-vehicle crash near Dequindre, East Outer Drive
- Teen last seen in Detroit missing for almost two weeks
- How bars, restaurants are trying to survive a coronavirus winter
- Michigan man accused of murder, mutilation headed to trial
- Bond reduced to 1% for man charged in terrorism plot against Gov. Whitmer
- Trump to vote in Fla., hold 3 rallies; Biden focuses on Pa.
- Senate GOP marches ahead on Barrett over Democrats' blockade
- Poland’s President Duda tests positive for coronavirus
- Fighting over Nagorno-Karabakh goes on despite US mediation
Sports Headlines ⚾🏀🏈🏒⚽
- Big Ten football returns this weekend
- MHSAA confirms winter high school sports in Michigan will start on time