Police: Man recorded women in Eastpointe bathroom weeks after same offense made in Roseville
EASTPOINTE, Mich. – Michael Robert Capizzo was taken into police custody Monday on suspicion of using his phone to record video of women in an Eastpointe Big Lots restroom. According to authorities, Capizzo, a 22-year-old registered sex offender, went into the women’s bathroom at the Big Lots located on 10 Mile Road, just west of Gratiot Avenue Monday, where he placed his cellphone under a bathroom stall wall to record an occupant inside. Police said he fled the scene, but officers were able to identify and arrest Capizzo without incident. Capizzo has been charged with using computers to commit a crime and capturing/distributing images of unclothed person. Police said Capizzo was arrested in Roseville for the same offense in November.
Registered sex offender accused of exposing himself to Eastern Michigan University students
YPSILANTI, Mich. – A registered sex offender is accused of exposing himself to Eastern Michigan University students in Ypsilanti. Police said 37-year-old Gregory Gentles, who moved to Ypsilanti earlier this year, has been going on campus and exposing himself to students in the library and other places around the city. He was arrested after a business owner spotted him and called police. Investigators are anyone who may have been a victim to come forward. Gentles is expected to face a judge Friday on felony charges.
Judge OKs release of Ghislaine Maxwell transcripts
NEW YORK – Transcripts of interviews lawyers conducted with the ex-girlfriend of the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein must be released by Thursday morning, a judge said Tuesday. U.S. District Judge Loretta A. Preska’s order allows the public release of transcripts of two days of depositions in 2016 of British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell and related documents, along with the deposition transcript of an anonymous accuser. The judge briefly permitted the immediate release of the transcripts but reversed herself after an attorney for Maxwell made a late plea to delay the release. The lawyer cited objections to some redactions and said Maxwell had not had decided whether to further appeal an appellate ruling. Preska gave lawyers on each side until 9 a.m. Thursday to confer and release the transcripts.
Brighton man held on $1M bond over suspicion of sexually abusing 13-year-old boy
MACOMB COUNTY, Mich. A Brighton man is behind bars accused of sexually abusing a 13-year-old boy. Jason Ryan Norton, 40, faced first degree criminal sexual conduct charges at his Zoom arraignment Friday. He stood in the Macomb County Jail while the magistrate worked from the 38th District Court in Eastpointe. The prosecutor said Norton drove 50 miles from Brighton to the child and took him back to Brighton and sexually assaulted him. He pleaded guilty to possessing child pornography and other sexual assaults on minors in Pontiac and in the U.P.