The NIGHTSIDE report -- Monday, Jan. 21, 2019
Northbound I-75 closed for urgent repairs
The northbound lanes of I-75 were closed Monday at 14 Mile Road in Troy for urgent road repairs, police said. The Troy Police Department tweeted at 3:50 p.m. Monday that northbound I-75 will be closed "shortly." The highway is expected to be closed for several hours, officials said.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 fast facts
The founder of Olga's Kitchen, Olga Loizon, is dead at the age of 92. Read more .
A Royal Oak man has been charged with killing his father. Learn more .
These cold temperatures are expected to continue. Read more .
The North American International Auto Show is open to the public this week. Learn more .
Ferndale police are sounding the alarm after a scam cost a business owner thousands of dollars. Scammers are using a new tactic to trick victims, and police said the business owner thought she was dealing with DTE Energy.
Rent payment stolen
Dozens of residents of a mobile home park have reported their checks or money orders were stolen.
Local 4 introduced viewers to Molly Williams and Kristi Cooper, two Oakland County women who will now forever be a part of each other's lives. Cooper donated one of her kidneys to Williams, essentially saving Williams' life in the process. Now, both women are finally home.
Federal workers say they’re concerned with how to make ends meet, pay their bills and put food on the table. There are some companies and restaurants hoping to ease the stress with deals and freebies for federal workers affected by the shutdown.
- Macomb County men found with guns, items from string of car thefts, police say
- Novi man accused of being spy in Russia set to appear in court Tuesday
- Giuliani tries to clean up comments about Trump Tower Moscow
- New context given to stare-down between student, local Native American elder in D.C.
- Metro Detroit coping with sudden bitter cold
- Good Health: Research suggests holding off on baby's first bath
- Icy St. Clair River on Monday, Jan. 21, 2019
- Metro Detroit events honor the life of Martin Luther King Jr.
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.
Tweets by Local4News
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.