ClickOnDetroit NIGHTSIDE report -- Thursday, July 4, 2019
4-year-old Warren boy killed in 2-car crash at Roseville intersection, police say
Police said there are contradictory accounts about who was at fault for a two-car crash that killed a 4-year-old boy at a Roseville intersection.
The crash happened around 11 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Little Mack Avenue and Masonic Road, officials said. A black 2011 GMC Yukon was heading north on Little Mack while a white 2009 Mercury Milan traveled east on Masonic, according to authorities.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 fast facts
Fatal house fire
A Sterling Heights family is trying to come to terms with the sudden loss of their loved one, 18-year-old Christian Koki.
Koki was killed when the house she was living in caught fire Wednesday. In a matter of hours, everything changed for the Koki family.
What was once introduced as a 15-year project was condensed into two years, and drivers are feeling headaches. Despite the rainy spring, the I-75 project in Oakland County is still on schedule.
Police and the Better Business Bureau are issuing a warning about an old scam that's making the rounds this holiday weekend.
Authorities have been tracking criminals from Louisiana and Florida taking money from many seniors in Michigan as part of a sealcoating scam.
Rep. Justin Amash, who represents Michigan’s 3rd Congressional District in the U.S. House, wrote in a Washington Post op-ed Thursday morning that he is leaving the Republican Party. In the piece, Amash rails against what he calls "partisan loyalties and rhetoric that divide and dehumanize us."
- Here's what stores and restaurants are open, closed on 4th of July
- California earthquake felt in Los Angeles and Las Vegas
- Michigan State University to open allergen-free dining hall
- Bees in the D installing beehives on rooftop of Detroit's Shinola Hotel
- Parade held in Wyandotte to celebrate Fourth of July
- Special sign honors former River Rouge police chief
- Lt. Col. Harry Stewart Jr. reflects on his time as a Tuskegee Airman
- State-run Belle Isle: 5 years later
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.
Tweets by Local4News
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.