Madison Heights residents torn as pit bull mix faces death for allegedly killing chihuahua
A Metro Detroit city is torn as a pit bull mix sits on death row for allegedly killing a chihuahua.
Boomer the pit bull has been locked up for the last year for a crime his supporters say he didn't commit.
"In my heart of hearts, I and everyone here thinks he was fending off something," supporter Taylor Caplan said.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 fast facts
Ford is investing $500 million into Plymouth Township-based startup Rivian. Read more.
Police said a Mount Clemens gas station clerk shot an attempted robber. Learn more.
Ilitch Holdings released a statement after a critical HBO feature aired about the District Detroit development. Read more.
Michigan Senate voted to try 17-year-olds as juveniles. Learn more.
Semi truck into house
A semi truck blew a tire and crashed into a house along 26 Mile Road in Macomb Township, police said. The house is on the south side of westbound 26 Mile Road, just east of North Avenue.
Vandalism at memorial park
Police need helping finding the person responsible for vandalizing trees and plaques at a Rockwood memorial park.
On Sunday, someone destroyed some of the memorials honoring the dead at Deland G. Mercure Memorial Park.
Pontiac alleged sex assault
An investigation is underway amid claims of a sexual assault incident at Pontiac High School, police said.
Oakland County deputies confirm the alleged assault involved two students at the school.
Legislation was introduced to make Michigan the 17th state to ban the use of conversion therapy by health professionals.
- Kelly Stafford returns to hospital for additional treatment after brain surgery
- 7 more chances to star gaze at Michigan's Sleeping Bear Dunes
- Michigan court changes legal standard for searching people during traffic stop
- Feds investigate possibly defective air bags in millions of vehicles
- Good Health: New MI Health Director
- Detroit police chief says internal audit uncovered issues in 'racially tone deaf' 6th Precinct
- Vice President Mike Pence talks auto industry growth during Metro Detroit visit
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.
Tweets by Local4News
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.