ClickOnDetroit NIGHTSIDE report -- Friday, March 15, 2019
4 tornadoes touch down in mid-Michigan
Authorities said four tornadoes swept through mid-Michigan on Thursday, damaging homes and knocking out power to thousands. The National Weather Service confirmed that a tornado touched down in Mount Morris and made its way to Otisville in Genesee County.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 fast facts
Thursday's brief spike of warm weather was accompanied by severe thunderstorms and tornadoes. Read more .
More than 70 homes and businesses were damaged when tornadoes touched down in Michigan. Learn more .
A woman was arrested after almost running over pedestrians in Troy. Read more .
Detroit work program participants help clean up tires illegally dumped at house. Learn more .
Police said a mother put something in her boyfriend’s juice to make him sick after they got into an argument, but she wasn’t planning on him giving the drink to her kids. Police said Arrieana Yednock is in trouble for poisoning her boyfriend and kids at their home on Hickory in Dearborn.
The man charged in the hit-and-run crash that claimed the life of a Detroit police officer will be behind bars for the foreseeable future. Jonathan David Cole, 19, was sentenced to up to 15 years in prison Friday morning.
A man who is in prison for an attack on a jogger in Hines Park was charged with murder in connection with the case of Danielle Stislicki, who vanished more than two years ago.
Dirt roads are suffering from Michigan's changing weather this winter. Residents in Oakland County are fed up with the conditions of roads where they live, especially Hillsboro Road in Davisburg.
- Friday Five: New music to check out -- March 15, 2019
- World Series of Bowling already a huge success in Allen Park
- Mail bomb suspect Cesar Sayoc expected to plead guilty
- Flynn done cooperating with Mueller probe
- Residents assess tornado damage in Shiawassee Township
- Man shoves cashier, grabs money from register at Detroit McDonald's
- Detroit police corporal says he punched woman '8 or 9 times' after she spit on him at hospital
- Michigan teenager gets caught in tornadoes while delivering pizzas
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.
Tweets by Local4News
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.