DETROIT – Autumn is here and that means -- among other things -- winter is coming.
Many businesses are struggling because of the coronavirus epidemic -- and restaurants and bars have been hit especially hard.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
Metro Detroit weather: Temperatures to drop after Friday storms
Showers exit on Friday evening on the heels of a strong front. Temperatures dive from highs in the 80s earlier today to lows in the 30s.
4 Fast Facts
- City Burger in Warren closed in March and when they reopened a month later, it looked like making enough money to stay afloat would be difficult. Click here to read more.
- A program in Macomb County is working to expand food banks to meet the needs of families in the community. Click here to read more.
- Students at Greenfield Union Elementary-Middle School went weeks without one of their favorite school activities which include reading. Click here to read more.
- Families who live near the Arbor Hills Landfill say the stench is unbearable at times. Click here to read more.
The Washtenaw County Health Department has announced two updates to its stay-in-place order for undergraduates at the University of Michigan. The Health Department and U-M leadership announced the emergency order on Tuesday due to rising cases of COVID-19 on campus.
There has been some progress involving two of the experimental vaccines for COVID-19. The vaccines have reached a critical milestone, one by the numbers, and one in beginning testing in a new age group.
- Bond reduced to 1% for man charged in terrorism plot against Gov. Whitmer
- Victim and gunman in Lincoln Park neighborhood shooting knew each other
- Detroit native and music star Lizzo campaigns for Biden-Harris campaign in city
- Big Ten football returns this weekend