DETROIT – Emmett Williams Jr., 19, was charged with first-degree murder Thursday morning in connection with a drive-by shooting that killed a 7-year-old girl.
Police are still looking for a second suspect in the case, 22-year-old Christion Mitchell-Childress.
UPDATE -- Nov. 24: 2nd suspect arrested in fatal drive-by shooting of 7-year-old Detroit girl
Williams is charged with first-degree murder, discharge of a firearm at a building causing death, discharge of a weapon from a mother vehicle causing death and felony firearm.
The charges are from a fatal shooting Oct. 28 at a home on Bedford Street in Detroit, where 7-year-old Reginae Williams was shot in the head as she was inside.
Police said Williams and Mitchell-Childress allegedly drove by the home and fatally shot Reginae, who died two days later Oct. 30.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Detroit Police Station at 313-596-2260 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-Speak-Up.
More: Local News
- New clues in manhunt for suspect in deadly shooting of 7-year-old in Detroit
- Family holds vigil for 7-year-old Detroit girl killed in drive-by shooting
- 7-year-old Detroit girl shot in head by drive-by shooter dies
- 7-year-old girl shot in head at Detroit home now in grave condition, officials say
- 7-year-old girl shot inside Detroit home by drive-by shooter, police say