ClickOnDetroit NIGHTSIDE report -- Friday, May 17, 2019
35 arrested in Warren human trafficking sting
Warren Mayor James Fouts and Police Commissioner William Dwyer held a press conference Friday morning to announce the results of the first phase of the “Operations Crusade,” or what they call the "major initiative to combat human trafficking in Metro Detroit."
Also attending the press conference were members of the Special Investigation Unit and a handful of detectives involved in the criminal investigation.
4 fast facts
Dog attacked during break-in
A thief broke into a home in Wayne looking for jewelry and a home security camera recorded the incident. He was even caught on camera confronting the dog in the home and attacking it with a lamp.
Pontiac drug raid
FBI agents executed a massive drug raid Friday in Pontiac, targeting dangerous drugs, such as heroin and fentanyl, that are killing people on the streets. One mother of three watched from her bedroom window as agents went into a home on Maurer Avenue.
Kroger vigil planned
As the Kroger north of Michigan Avenue in Dearborn closes its doors for good Saturday, shoppers will be there to say goodbye. A candlelight vigil is planned to mourn the store's closure.
Exonerated after 45 years
A Michigan man who spent 45 years in prison before he was exonerated of murder will receive $1.5 million from the state, the attorney general’s office said Friday.
Here’s a look at what we’re working on for Local 4 News at 11:
Threat in the park: A local dog owner says her pet was injured by an animal trap at a popular park where children play. Tonight at 11 p.m. – you’ll find out who put the traps there and if they’ll face any charges.
Weekend weather: The forecast for the weekend includes rain and a threat for severe weather. Local 4casters are updating their forecast as new information comes in.
Prom send-off: The children of fallen officers are escorted to prom by fellow brother and sisters in blue. We’re there for the magical moments.
– PLUS breaking news, weather and sports. WATCH Local 4 News at 11 here.
- Metro Detroit weekend construction list for May 17-20, 2019
- Friday Finds: New music to check out – May 17, 2019
- Macomb County family elects to euthanize dog that attacked mail carrier, officials say
- Detroit police: Rumors of serial killer at-large are false
- Dangerous Metro Detroit shoreline flooding 'like a hurricane that happens in a two-month time frame'
- Detroit Tigers pitcher Matt Boyd, wife Ashley, on mission to rescue children
- Metro Detroit Islamic centers increase security during Ramadan
- George Takei checks out new Star Trek Exhibit
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.
Tweets by Local4News
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.