Tenants forced out of unsafe Oak Park apartment after wall caves in
Residents at an Oak Park apartment complex have been told they need to evacuate after a large crack appeared and an exterior wall has started caving in. The case right now is seeing if the complex’s corporate office can do something.
Detroit apartment fire that injured 3 likely caused by stoves used for heat
DETROIT – Investigators with the Detroit Fire Department believe residents’ stoves that were being used for heat could be to blame for an apartment fire on Detroit’s east side. READ: Stove left on to heat apartment believed to be cause of Detroit fireAdHill said the heat inside their apartments has not working correctly and it’s been that way for a while. Fire crews said someone used their stove to stay warm during the night. “We’re using the stove to produce heat to warm the apartments up to a comfortable level because it’s cold,” Hill said. “I do know Local 4 did try to get in connection with the management company,” said Hall.
Stove left on to heat apartment believed to be cause of Detroit fire
DETROIT – An early morning fire in an east side apartment complex may have been caused by residents using stoves to heat their apartments, according to the Detroit Fire Department. The fire department was called to the complex on Seven Mile Road, between Hoover Street and Outer Drive at about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday. ORIGINAL STORY: Residents using stoves for heat likely cause of apartment building fire on Detroit’s east sideAdResidents of the apartment complex said the fire would not have happened if the heat was working properly. Mohamed said his niece lives in the apartment that caught fire and she, her nearly 3-year-old daughter and boyfriend were inside. “The heat has been working ineffectively,” said one resident.
Residents using stoves for heat likely cause of apartment building fire on Detroit’s east side
DETROIT – An early morning fire in an east side apartment complex may have been caused by residents using stoves to heat their apartments, according to the Detroit Fire Department. The fire department was called to the complex on East 7 Mile Road near Hoover Street shortly before 3:30 a.m. Wednesday. Two people, one of which is a 3-year-old girl, were transported to the hospital for medical treatment, although their injuries are not believe to be serious. Several residents of the apartment building said they had asked for the owner multiple times to fix the heat in the building. They said they needed to use stoves and space heaters to heat their apartments, and that it was so cold in there that they could see their breath inside.
Take a look at this new boutique rental community near Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor
ANN ARBOR – A new boutique-style apartment community steps away from Michigan Stadium and downtown Ann Arbor has begun pre-leasing units with an anticipated move-in by Spring 2021. Hoover + Greene offers 167 units ranging from studios to two bedroom apartments. Hoover + Greene has plans to open a retail space on the ground level. PricingStudio: $1,825One bedroom unit: $2,115Two bedroom unit: $2,895Prices may vary based on location and unit amenities. A common area at Hoover + Greene in Ann Arbor.
2 young Ypsilanti men killed by same bullet in tragic Thanksgiving shooting
YPSILANTI, Mich. – Two Metro Detroit families are mourning after a young Ypsilanti Township man killed himself with a single bullet that also killed his friend on Thanksgiving. Officials say the Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a shooting at Aspen Chase Apartments at about 7 p.m. on Nov. 26. “What looks to have happened is one young man, who suffered from a mental health condition, committed suicide,” said Derrick Jackson with the Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office. When he pulled the trigger, the bullet went right through his friend and into (his friend). So it was one bullet that killed both young men.”Gabe Scott says he was close to both of the young men -- especially Reed Carter, who police said was the young man trying to help his friend.
Taylor police: Barricaded situation has ended
TAYLOR, Mich. – Several units of an apartment building were evacuated Wednesday morning due to a barricaded gunman situation in Taylor. Update 10 a.m.: This barricaded situation has ended, police said. Police said it all started about 2 a.m. with a domestic dispute between a man and a woman in a relationship. She was being held by Taylor police for questioning. Police said they were in no rush because of the 1-year-old child being involved.
2 families rescued from New Haven apartment fire
NEW HAVEN, Mich. – Macomb County Sheriff deputies and the New Haven Fire Department rescued two families from a fire at Pinewood Apartments on Thursday morning. Police say at about 5:50 a.m. a deputy patrolling the apartment complex discovered a unit on fire, called for assistance and began helping residents evacuate the building. Police say the family was evacuated safely but suffered from smoke inhalation and was transported to the hospital. One deputy suffered from severe smoke inhalation and the others are being examined, officials said. Macomb County Sheriff Fire Investigators are investigating the cause of the fire.