Police searching for man after home invasion, attempted murder in Fremont
NEWAYGO COUNTY, MI – Police are seeking help from the public locating a man accused of breaking into an apartment in Fremont and assaulting the people inside with a knife on Wednesday, Fremont Police Department reported Thursday, March 3. Immediate medical aid was given to the two victims and both were subsequently transported to area hospitals. During the incident, police say the perpetrator was possibly injured by the victims while they defended themselves. Fremont police requests anyone with information related to this crime to contact the department at 231-924-2100 or call the Newaygo County Silent Observer at 231-652-1121. City fire personnel, the Newaygo County Sheriff’s Office, Michigan State Police, and Life EMS responded to the scene with Fremont police.mlive.com
2 decomposing bodies found in Bronx apartment after neighbor below reports maggots coming through ceiling
NEW YORK — Two badly decomposed bodies were discovered in a Bronx apartment — after the downstairs neighbor complained maggots were coming through her ceiling, police said Sunday. Officers suspect the dead man and woman were victims of a murder-suicide. The concerned neighbor in the apartment below called 911 abut 5:45 p.m. Saturday to report maggots were dropping from her ceiling on Creston ...news.yahoo.com
Plymouth Square Apartments repaired after residents reach out to Help Me Hank for assistance
Seniors were living in unsafe conditions after a fire damaged at the Plymouth Square Apartments building on Detroit’s west side until Local 4′s Consumer Investigator Hank Winchester went to the apartment’s management to get things fixed.
Detroit apartment fire that injured 3 likely caused by stoves used for heat
DETROIT – Investigators with the Detroit Fire Department believe residents’ stoves that were being used for heat could be to blame for an apartment fire on Detroit’s east side. READ: Stove left on to heat apartment believed to be cause of Detroit fireAdHill said the heat inside their apartments has not working correctly and it’s been that way for a while. Fire crews said someone used their stove to stay warm during the night. “We’re using the stove to produce heat to warm the apartments up to a comfortable level because it’s cold,” Hill said. “I do know Local 4 did try to get in connection with the management company,” said Hall.
Stove left on to heat apartment believed to be cause of Detroit fire
DETROIT – An early morning fire in an east side apartment complex may have been caused by residents using stoves to heat their apartments, according to the Detroit Fire Department. The fire department was called to the complex on Seven Mile Road, between Hoover Street and Outer Drive at about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday. ORIGINAL STORY: Residents using stoves for heat likely cause of apartment building fire on Detroit’s east sideAdResidents of the apartment complex said the fire would not have happened if the heat was working properly. Mohamed said his niece lives in the apartment that caught fire and she, her nearly 3-year-old daughter and boyfriend were inside. “The heat has been working ineffectively,” said one resident.
Mom, toddler hospitalized after Detroit fire likely caused by using stoves for heat
DETROIT – Firefighters say a Detroit apartment caught fire after a mother attempted to use a stove to keep her young child warm during freezing overnight temperatures. Their injuries are non-life-threatening, according to the TV station, and the fire was contained to two units on the second floor. A resident of the apartment told FOX 2 that the landlord of the housing structure had died and people were sleeping with their stoves on. Residents were told by the property management company to use blankets, according to the TV station. Tuesday’s high temperatures were between 14-19 degrees while lows into Wednesday morning were between five and -5 degrees.mlive.com
Video shows residents being rescued from burning apartment in Mount Clemens
MOUNT CLEMENS, Mich. – Macomb County Sheriff’s Office deputies rushed into the River North Village Apartment in Mount Clemens overnight Sunday to help get people out. As soon as they arrived, people were jumping from windows as fire and heavy smoke covered everything. Eight people were taken to the hospital with minor injuries and dozens of people were displaced by the fire. READ: Tenants jump to escape massive Mount Clemens apartment fireAdREAD: 8 hospitalized, dozens displaced in massive Mount Clemens apartment complex fireIn the lower levels of one Building B -- as the fire engulfed the floors above them and smoke and alarms were going off -- the surroundings inside were dark and getting people to move quickly was hard. You can watch the full report in the video above.
Police: 20-year-old man found fatally shot at Inkster apartment complex
INKSTER, Mich. – A 20year-old man was found fatally shot Thursday morning at an apartment complex on Tobin Drive in Inkster. Michigan State Police said troopers responded to the area about 1 a.m. Thursday to find the man shot to death. No one has been taken into custody. This fatal shooting is under investigation. More: Metro Detroit crime news
Fire at apartment on Detroit’s east side hospitalizes multiple senior citizens
DETROIT – Eight senior citizens were sent to the hospital, three in critical condition due to a fire Sunday at the 16-story Parkview Place Apartment building. Thankfully, he was in the right place at the right time. He’s an elder so I do really hope he’s OK,” Lamont said. While two others are in critical condition for smoke inhalation, five more residents were taken in for treatment as a precautionary measure. Some of them aren’t gonna be able to go home tonight,” Lamont concluded.