ClickOnDetroit NIGHTSIDE report -- Monday, Sept. 9, 2019
Danielle Stislicki's mother, best friend testify at hearing in murder case
The first day of a preliminary exam for Floyd Galloway, the man charged in the murder of Danielle Stislicki, took place Monday.
Floyd Galloway Jr. has been behind bars since 2017 after he pleaded guilty to strangling and sexual assaulting a Livonia jogger a few months before Danielle Stislicki disappeared.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 fast facts
Following the mass shooting in Texas and ICE raids in Mississippi, a local sheriff wants to reassure immigrants who may be afraid.
Washtenaw County Sheriff Jerry Clayton says his deputies will not ask immigrants about their status. He pointed out that immigration enforcement falls under federal jurisdiction. Clayton wants people in trouble to feel safe calling police.
Distracted driving death
A distracted driver who killed a man in Oakland County eight years ago stopped paying required restitution to the man's widow without punishment, the Local 4 Defenders have learned.
Ralph Finneren, 57, was riding his bicycle July 27, 2011, when he was struck and killed outside the General Motors plant in Orion Township. His widow, Judith Finneren, said she vividly remembers that day.
Thieves needed just 19 seconds to steal a man's vintage Corvette while he was shopping in the middle of the day in Sterling Heights, officials said.
The incident happened Aug. 25 outside a Walmart at 14 Mile and Van Dyke roads, according to authorities. Security cameras show the silver 1977 Corvette being taken from a Walmart parking lot.
One of the last people to see Danielle Stislicki alive took the stand Monday during a preliminary hearing and said he saw her with Floyd Galloway -- the man charged with murdering her.
That was just one part of a long day of testimony in Farmington Hills, as the circumstantial evidence piled up against Galloway in the murder case with no body.
- St. Clair Shores man charged in downtown Detroit Coney Island stabbing
- President says talks with Taliban are 'dead'
- City of Trenton awarded $250,000 EGLE Grant for new entertainment center
- These diseases are leading causes of death in Hispanics, officials say
- An inside look: Covering the Detroit Youth Choir as they compete on 'America's Got Talent'
- Michigan's road funding battle stalls
- Weighted blanket put to test for kids; do they sleep better?
- 46-year-old turtle reunited with its owner after frantic search for Rochester Hills pet
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.
Tweets by Local4News
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.