Why did it take 3 months to investigate allegations of sex between students, teachers in Pontiac?
Pontiac residents are wondering why it's taken more than three months to start investigating allegations of inappropriate sexual relationships between students, teachers and administrators in the school district.
It's against the law to fail to report abuse allegations within 72 hours. Pontiac's superintendent said the district reported the allegations, but the Oakland County Sheriff's Office said that's not the case.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 fast facts
There are reports of the dangerous "kissing bug" moving north toward Michigan. Learn more .
Injuries to students and adults are much worse than anticipated after the Livingston County bus crash. Read more .
John Singleton, "Boyz n the Hood" director and writer, has died at the age of 51. Learn more .
Doctors urge vaccination as the number of measles cases increases across the United States. Read more .
Washtenaw County Jail
The Washtenaw County sheriff has declared a state of emergency as staffing levels at the jail hit critical lows.
"People are tired," Cmdr. Eric Kunath said. "It's hard to work a double shift. You can only sustain that for so long."
A series of massive sinkholes in Highland Park is creating big safety concerns in an area filled with children and popular with commuters.
Work is being done to repair the mess along Second Street, but not enough was being done to secure the area.
Hamtramck is most stressed city in Michigan
A job-finder website performed a study and determined Hamtramck is the most stressed city in Michigan.
Zippia determined Hamtramck is a stressed city because not enough people are working, and those who are working have long hours and commutes.
Highland Park restaurant
It is a small place in a pretty nondescript building, but what makes the new Woodward Avenue Bar and Grill special is where it is located.
It is in Highland Park, and the neighborhood has not seen a new restaurant in more than 20 years.
- Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein resigns
- Todd Flood no longer member of Flint water crisis prosecution tea
- Ann Arbor first responders reunite with family after baby delivery at home
- Man used counterfeit bill at Bloomfield Township Hungry Howie's, police say
- A trip through judge's personal history
- Binson's helping Roseville family by replacing 7-year-old boy's stolen wheelchair
- Parishioners unite against priest's exit at Detroit's Holy Family Church
- Man who led Warren police on wild chase facing charges
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.