ClickOnDetroit NIGHTSIDE report -- Thursday, Sept. 26, 2019
Metro Detroit mother fighting to keep son on life support after doctors tell her he's brain dead
A Metro Detroit mother is fighting to keep her son on life support after doctors told her he is brain dead.
Bobby Reyes, 14, of Ash Township, is hospitalized at Mott Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor after he suffered an asthma attack a week ago.
Doctors told Sarah Jones that after one more test confirms a lack of viable brain activity, her son will be removed from life support Friday morning.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 fast facts
Police are trying to determine if a man impersonating an officer pulled people over in Metro Detroit.
The 37-year-old Flat Rock man was pulled over around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday on northbound I-75 near Lapeer Road in Auburn Hills. Police sad they stopped him for improper tint and suspicious LED lights in the windows, officials said.
Chelsea Small's murder
Chelsea Small's murder was brutal and unprovoked, but her family and the Taylor Police Department have not given up hope.
On Nov. 12, 2013, Small was a single mother who was working at the Advance America check-cashing shop in Taylor. A man walked in around lunchtime, police said. It first seemed like a robbery, but the man shot Small twice.
The reward for information about the murder of a Detroit mother who was killed while sitting in the driveway outside her home has been increased to $2,500.
Keyaira Cheatham, 23, was shot and killed around 8:55 p.m. on March 11, 2018, in the 8600 block of Mark Twain Street near Joy Road on Detroit's west side, police said.
Thieves in shopping scooters
Police are searching for a man and a woman who went to Walmarts in Troy and Monroe County and passed $2,400 in fake traveler's checks while riding motorized shopping scooters, officials said.
The pair were caught on camera around 8 p.m. Sept. 15 passing $1,600 worth of fake American Express checks at a Walmart in Troy, police said.
- Rainbow Kitten Surprise delivers breathtaking show at The Fillmore Detroit
- CDC study indicates humans at risk for tuberculosis after contact with infected deer
- Zeus, most powerful laser in the US, to be built at University of Michigan in Ann Arbor
- Northern Lights possible in Michigan tonight: When, where to see them
- Michigan health official testifies at congressional vaping hearing
- Massive wind farm in Gratiot County nears completion
- Couple given newly-renovated home after completing addiction recovery program
- Good Health: Woman diagnosed with flesh-eating bacteria after nail salon visit
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.
Tweets by Local4News
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.