ClickOnDetroit NIGHTSIDE report -- Friday, Dec. 20, 2019
DETROIT – One eastbound lane of I-696 is closed in Madison Heights due to a substance on the freeway. The Sky 4 chopper showed the green substance coming off an embankment at Couzens Road.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 Fast Facts
- Warren police arrested 46 people and charged them with a total of 103 crimes as part of an operation focused on human trafficking. Click here to read more.
- U.S. Steel plans to idle production on Zug Island. Click here to read more.
- Two men in a U-Haul led officers on a police chase from Dearborn Heights to Detroit on Thursday. Click here to read more.
- A dog is recovering after he was shot in Detroit. Click here to read more.
Senators from Michigan returned home for the holidays Friday, and Local 4 caught up with Sen. Gary Peters to see what he thinks is coming next year. Peters said he came home expecting to return to an impeachment trial.
Redford Township police officers were stopping drivers Friday, but not to give them tickets. Officers went on “Santa Patrol,” distributing Kroger gift cards to motorists.
A 15-year-old boy suffered serious burns from a fire he started Wednesday in Pontiac. Authorities said they responded at 11:19 p.m. to a fire at a home on Robinwood Avenue.
As consumers scramble to finalize their holiday shopping, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel issued a consumer alert urging credit card users to be mindful of a new scam where thieves collect personal information when swiping their card.
- WATCH LIVE: ‘Moonbeams for Sweet Dreams’ returns to Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital
- Royal Oak artist chosen to illustrate 2019 White House Christmas Book
- Annual tradition in jeopardy after Detroit nonprofit loses all donated toys to contamination
- Thief caught on video stealing package from Clinton Township apartment complex
- What’s Going Around: Flu cases on rise, respiratory illnesses hitting hard
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.