Crews going door-to-door in Flat Rock urging evacuations after chemical spill
Ford Motor Company on Wednesday discovered a gas leak at its Flat Rock Assembly Plant. The company closed the pipe and thought the spill was contained to its property. That was not the case. Officials have identified two zones that are potentially exposed to dangerous benzene fumes from the leak.
Detroit neighborhood evacuated due to gas leak
DETROIT – Several homes in a neighborhood on Detroit’s west side were evacuated Friday morning due to a gas leak. According to authorities, water department workers struck a gas main near Southfield Road and Paul Avenue. Several homes were evacuated as a precaution. Authorities said fixing the leak would not take very long. More: Detroit News
‘No current danger’: 7 Mile Road at Deering Street back open after gas leak investigation
LIVONIA, Mich. – Consumers Energy responded to a gas leak at 27719 7 Mile Road in Livonia on Monday evening. Livonia police say there is, “no current danger.” Police did shut down 7 Mile Road at Deering Street, but as of 5:22 p.m. the road is back open. READ: More local news
Gas leak forces evacuations in Franklin
FRANKLIN, Mich. – A gas leak along Franklin Road has prompted evacuations at businesses and residences Tuesday morning. Police are calling the leak “major” and are asking drivers to avoid downtown Franklin Road for the next few hours. The road is shut down. Stay with Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit for more information as it becomes available.
Birmingham fire chief: Appliance gas leak caused house explosion
BIRMINGHAM, Mich. The Birmingham fire chief said a natural gas leak from an appliance service line caused a house to explode May 25 in the 1300 block of Chapin Avenue near Woodward Avenue. According to the woman, when she flipped on a light she felt a rush of air and realized there had been an explosion. Its just a miracle shes doing wonderful, said Birmingham Fire Department Chief Paul Wells. On Thursday, Wells said fire officials have determined the gas leak was coming from a service line to the laundry dryer. It was a small gas leak that led to a big explosion.
Part of Squirrel Road in Bloomfield Township closed due to gas leak
BLOOMFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. Consumers Energy has closed Squirrel Road between Long Lake Road and Highwood Drive in Bloomfield Township due to a gas leak. Officials suggest using Wattles Road to Adams Road, back to Long Lake Road and vice versa as a detour. The road is expected to reopen to traffic late on Saturday.