ClickOnDetroit NIGHTSIDE report -- Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Dramatic video shows man fighting off attempted carjackers
A surveillance camera at a gas station on Detroit's east side captured a man holding a gun to another man's head during an attempted carjacking April 22.
Police said the victim, a 41-year-old man, was walking to his 2010 Toyota Camry near the intersection of Conant Street and Commor Avenue just after 10:30 p.m. when he was approached from behind by a man with a gun.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 fast facts
Another wave of heavy rainfall is on its way. Read more .
See live traffic updates as flooding closes freeways in Metro Detroit. View here .
Former Macomb County Clerk Karen Spranger is accused of stealing money from an older woman. Read more .
Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan is asking for volunteers to help fill sandbags to stop flooding. Learn more .
Teen charged after 13-year-old gives birth
A 13-year-old Detroit girl gave birth in a toilet Monday night, and members of her family said they didn't know she was pregnant.
Now, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy has charged a 16-year-old Detroit boy on suspicion of having sexual contact with the 13-year-old girl.
Human torso found
A mummified human torso was found Wednesday in the basement of a home on Detroit's west side, police said.
The small human torso was discovered early Wednesday afternoon while the homeowner was doing updates to the home, officials said. It was found in the basement near a bar area, according to police.
An attempted murder-suicide in Detroit left a woman dead and a man injured while guests and four children were inside the home, police said.
Family members told Local 4 that Shinique Collins, 30, died Wednesday morning. Police said the man who asked for her hand in marriage two months ago shot and killed her in their apartment on the city's east side.
Detroit police said a man shot his parents Wednesday because he thought they did something to his car.
The shooting left a 60-year-old man dead and a 64-year-old woman injured. The alleged shooter, the victims' 35-year-old son, is in custody.
- 'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek talks about 'deep, deep sadness' battling cancer
- Is Pavel Datsyuk returning to Red Wings a real possibility?
- Live Nation offering $20 tickets to summer concerts in Metro Detroit starting today
- Gov. Whitmer orders study of Michigan auto insurers' use of non-driving factors
- Firefighters rescue residents trapped due to flooding in Dearborn Heights
- Dearborn Heights opens shelter for flood victims
- Friends, colleagues remember rock 'n' roll promoter, DJ Russ Gibb day after his death
- Firefighters rescue residents trapped in homes by major flooding in Dearborn Heights
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.
Tweets by Local4News
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.