ClickOnDetroit NIGHTSIDE report -- Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2019
Police take man into custody after shots fired during manhunt for carjacking suspects
A man police were looking for Tuesday afternoon in connection with a shots fired incident with Detroit police has been taken into custody.
Police were looking for suspects in a series of carjackings when they located a suspected vehicle and a man in that vehicle opened fire.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 fast facts
Wyandotte school board
Many parents are expected to voice concerns during a Wyandotte school board meeting Tuesday after a parent volunteer was charged with criminal sexual conduct involving children.
Michael Jerry Beebe, 47, was a volunteer in the Watch DOGS program at a Wyandotte school, police said. He has been under investigation since May and was arrested July 25.
Oakland County executive
Choosing a new Oakland County executive turned into a political brawl Tuesday as the County Commission looks to install a replacement for L. Brooks Patterson through an application process.
Local 4 Business Editor Rod Meloni, who has been monitoring the process, said the entire situation has turned ugly.
There have been 21 applications submitted for Oakland County executive, according to the county's website. Most are names residents haven't heard of, and some of them are serious about the position, while others are not.
Sewage in Clinton River
The drains in Clinton Township really didn’t stand a chance Monday night.
“I was going to start today off with, ‘Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain.' Unfortunately, it rained,” said Clinton Township Supervisor Bob Cannon. “Parts of Clinton Township didn’t get any rain at all. We had record-breaking rain here yesterday."
Off-duty officer carjacked
Video from a gas station in Southwest Detroit shows a carjacker pointing a gun in the face of a pickup truck driver.
That pickup driver is an off-duty police officer who was filling up with gas about 3 a.m. Tuesday at a BP gas station on Fort Street near Clark Avenue. Investigators said the driver went into the gas station and when he came out, a gunman approached him and took his keys. The gunman then left in the victim’s truck.
- Sava's in Ann Arbor under fire after former employee comes forward with sexual assault allegation
- Detroit woman missing for more than month after leaving to meet friends in Westland
- Blake's Hard Cider announces 3 sugar-free Lite Ciders debuting ahead of fall
- Homegrown Brewing Co. raises a glass to local beer makers after Vote 4 the Best win
- A look at how school background checks work
- After Help Me Hank investigation, work begins on dangerous sinkhole in Detroit
- Heavy rains Monday night cause major flooding in Macomb County
- Help Me Hank: A look at the top 10 consumer complaints
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.
Tweets by Local4News
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.