ClickOnDetroit NIGHTSIDE report -- Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Hear from the people who found a 2-year-old Monroe girl who went missing
A 2-year-old Monroe girl who went missing from a campsite in Northern Michigan was found safe Tuesday after a frantic search that lasted more than 24 hours.
Gabriella Vitale was found late Tuesday morning in good condition and good spirits, according to Michigan State Police officials.
Gabriella went missing around 8:15 a.m. Monday while her family prepared to leave the campsite in Comins Township.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 fast facts
A family is warning others about the danger of fireworks after their young daughter was injured by one.
The 3-year-old girl is recovering in the hospital after a firework struck her in the head and shattered her skull. The family said fireworks tipped over or malfunctioned and started shooting sideways in their Westland neighborhood.
A nonprofit in Detroit that has a goal of creating jobs for people who face barriers to gaining employment is asking for help after a series of robberies.
Last week, in the middle of the night, $25,000 worth of equipment was stolen from RecoveryPark, a 105-acre farm on Chene Street that helps feed the homeless and hires former inmates to rehabilitate them.
Serial killer suspect
Deangelo Martin, the man called a person of interest in the murders of two women found in vacant houses, was back in court Tuesday.
Martin faces a charge of assault with intent to murder and four criminal sexual conduct charges in an attack on a woman who said she escaped him. Police said Martin met the woman on May 6 at a crack house in Detroit.
An alleged meth addict with a pipe bomb and loaded weapons in Monroe is accused of hacking into Amtrak's online system to buy more than $540,000 worth of tickets with stolen credit card information, canceling the tickets to receive vouchers and then selling those vouchers at a discounted price on eBay, according to officials.
- Macomb County man faces life in prison for rape of longtime friend's young daughter
- Police: 15-year-old Detroit girl missing after dispute with family members
- Mom runs 3-hour, 11-minute marathon pushing triple stroller with kids on board
- Judge orders R. Kelly held without bond on sex crimes charges
- Community gathers to support Stephen Strong in his battle with cancer
- Detroit mother mourns son killed in crash by speeding driver
- Community health fair at Eastern Market aims to get Detroit residents healthy
- Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib locked in war of words with President Trump
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.
Tweets by Local4News
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.