DETROIT – The only dock for the Harsens Island ferry collapsed Wednesday left people stranded on the island. There was also an arcing power line that is blocking access to get to the ferry on foot. DTE crews were on site working to fix the downed power line issue. Pedestrian traffic can now travel to and from the island. Vehicles are still stuck.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 Fast Facts
- DTE Energy will demolish the old Conners Creek Power Plant in Detroit on Friday. Click here to read more.
- A mother who lost her son to a rare disease wants to raise awareness after her other son was diagnosed with the same illness. Click here to read more.
- UAW-FCA members ratified a 2019 Collective Bargaining Agreement by 71 percent overall. Click here to read more.
- A $10 million gift from the Ralph C. Wilson Foundation will help give Detroit’s neighborhoods a boost. Click here to read more.
The former Eisenhower High School band director is charged with two different cases pertaining to inappropriate interactions with students, the Macomb County prosecutor announced Wednesday. Christopher Traskal, of Sterling Heights, is accused of sending emails to a student he was teaching that, over the course of several months,"escalated to an inappropriate and sexual nature," according to the Prosecutor’s Office.
A man claimed guards badly beat him inside the Macomb County Jail and he said he’s got the video to prove it. It’s at the center of a federal civil rights lawsuit. In July 2018, video captured six Macomb County sheriff’s deputies carry Brian Paul Hyde and strap him into a restraint chair. A bag is placed on Hyde’s head as a deputy delivers several blows to him. A blue flash appears on the video -- Hyde claims a deputy was using a taser on his groin.
A family wants answers after a poorly-written note appeared in their mailbox after their two pet pigs went missing. Connor Root got Marvin and Moses after graduating college and he’s had them ever since. Just like cats and dogs, his two pigs are a part of his family. “They mean a lot,” Root said. “They brought a lot of good memories to a lot of people.”
This holiday shopping season, many people have already hopped online to purchase our gifts. Once you click the buy button, how does your package get to you? Local 4′s consumer investigator Hank Winchester went to the Amazon Fulfillment Center in Romulus and received an exclusive look during its busiest time of the year.
What was supposed to be a competitive, yet friendly, competition ended with tempers flared and people spitting on one another. New video shows the aftermath of the Denby vs. Almont Football game. Local 4 learned that Oakland County Sheriff’s Office investigators are looking into the fight. They are investigating four incidents, three out of the four were recorded on video.
- WATCH LIVE: ‘Moonbeams for Sweet Dreams’ returns to Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital
- West Bloomfield teacher aims to inspire children to give back
- Man extradited to Michigan, arraigned on charges in connection with Waterford Township murder
- How to combat hangovers this holiday season
- Good Health: NBC News reporter credits news story with saving her life
- Why you should avoid Candida
- Family wants answers in fatal shooting of Roseville teen