ClickOnDetroit NIGHTSIDE report -- Thursday, April 25, 2019
Michigan must redraw congressional, legislative maps for 2020
A three-judge federal panel ruled Thursday that Michigan’s congressional and legislative maps are unconstitutionally gerrymandered, ordering the state Legislature to redraw at least 34 districts for the 2020 election.
The decision also requires special state Senate elections to be held in 2020, instead of 2022 as scheduled.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 fast facts
Flint water crisis
April 25 marks the five-year anniversary of when city officials switched from Detroit’s water supply to the Flint River to cut costs. Instead, this switch triggered a citywide health crisis with lead-contaminated water flowing into every home and business in Flint.
A man's body found Wednesday by filmmakers in Pontiac has been tentatively identified as a man who was first reported missing last year.
Authorities have been searching for 41-year-old Lanard Jerome "LA" Curtaindoll since November. He was last seen in the 100 block of Edison Street in Pontiac on Nov. 23 and was driving a blue 2015 Hyundai Accent. He left a nightclub and never made it home.
Thursday would have been the 18th birthday for a girl who was shot by a speeding driver while leaving a family party on Detroit's west side.
Second-degree murder charges against Matthew James Luke and Jamie Lynn Starr in connection with the death of a 2-year-old boy in Wayne have been dropped.
The original report from Child Protective Services describes a gut-wrenching case of abuse and alleges the people caring for Devin Bisesi turned a Pack 'N Play into a cage and left him there. He suffocated when he became trapped when he tried to escape.
- Macomb County gas station clerk shoots masked robber 6 times, police say
- Customer threatens Sterling Heights restaurant workers because they didn't have ranch, police say
- Inaugural TREEVERB Music Festival to rock downtown Ann Arbor June 1
- Coast Guard searching for missing boater who was traveling on Clinton River
- Ann Arbor woman competes on Jeopardy!
- Good Health: Debunking infertility myths
- Detroit Police honor beloved member of the force
- Robotics competition draws thousands to Cobo Hall
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.
Tweets by Local4News
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.