'Pure evil' man sentenced for woman's murder
Robert Autrey pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in connection with the death of his ex-girlfriend. Autrey's guilty plea is giving them justice. Smith's family described Autrey as "pure evil."
This whole tragic story started when Smith's son was brought to a police station back in December 2016. Read back about it here.
Pistol-whipped over parking spot?
An uncle was arrested last week after pistol whipping his nephew during an argument over a parking spot in Pittsfield Township, police said.
Man throws kitchen knives at girlfriend
Yep, that's what happened, according to police.
An Oakland County man threw several kitchen knives at his girlfriend, kicked deputies and caused a lockdown at a hospital after taking about 200 "unknown pills" that were prescribed to his girlfriend, according to authorities.
Oakland County deputies were called at 11:14 p.m. Sunday to the 1500 block of Tipton Street for a domestic assault report. When they arrived, deputies said they heard screaming from inside the home. They went into the basement and found a 28-year-old Orion Township woman who said her boyfriend had strangled her and tried to kill her with knives.
Crime by county
- Man shot through dining room window while shooting music video in Detroit
- Felony firearm charges reinstated for suspect in Dearborn home day care shooting
- Waterford Township police investigating robbery of TCF Bank on Dixie Highway
- Pontiac woman says man forced her into bushes, punched her in face when she refused sex act
- Man charged with stealing 74-inch television, wood floor scrubber from Birmingham home
- Ex-Rochester teacher charged in student sex scandal posts $200K bond, released from jail
- Someone was stealing from Aretha Franklin's Bloomfield Township home before her death, police say
- Teens with ax, sledgehammer charged after wild police chase, smash-and-grab at Oakland County Costco
- Man sought in theft of several bottles of liquor from Macomb Township business, police say
- Warren post office employee being investigated for mail theft
- Macomb County couple accused of murdering daughter on Christmas Day denied bond
- FBI investigating Macomb County woman on suspicion of running unlicensed adoption agency, fraud
View the full Crime News section at ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/crime.
Manage your ClickOnDetroit newsletter subscriptions here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.