ClickOnDetroit NIGHTSIDE report -- Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2019
DETROIT – A Metro Detroit family is demanding answers from a local hospital after they said their loved one died at a mental health facility. Trinity Tyus said her mother, Mary Cole, was admitted to Stonecrest Mental Facility in Detroit on Nov. 25. Tyus said she didn’t give them her approval and her mother died there in just 24 hours.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 Fast Facts
- Marvin “The Weasel” Elkind, Jimmy Hoffa’s old personal driver, spoke with Local 4. Click here to read more.
- While Christmas trees are beautiful additions to your home during the holiday season, they can be dangerous. Click here to read more.
- Kamala Harris announced the end of her Democratic presidential campaign, according to a campaign official. Click here to read more.
- Livingston County Judge Theresa Brennan pleaded guilty Tuesday to a charge of perjury, a 15-year felony, officials said. Click here to read more.
When you hear the name Jimmy Hoffa, you probably think of the former Teamster boss’ iconic disappearance, but his story is much more than a murder mystery. It’s about power, loyalty, betrayal, organized labor and organized crime. It’s a story about how far people will go to get what they want.
A youth baseball coach from Livingston County is accused of sexually abusing boys at parties at his home over a four-year period, authorities said. Joseph Frappier, 49, of Hartland Township, is facing multiple criminal sexual conduct charges, as well as a charge for furnishing alcohol to minors.
A girls basketball coach at Eisenhower High School in Utica has been fired after the district said he sent inappropriate texts to players. The decision comes as the Macomb County Sheriff’s Department launches an investigation. The district fired Dave Willman, who was the 9th grade basketball coach.
Officials have charged a man in connection with the shooting that killed Detroit police Officer Rasheen McClain and injured another officer. JuJuan Parks, 28, is facing 16 charges in connection with the Nov. 20 shooting inside a home in the 20000 block of Wyoming Avenue, according to officials.
- Michigan Legislature sends Whitmer bill to lift ban on deer baiting
- Heavy snowfall, downed trees lead to snowmobile trail closures in Michigan
- Spotify Wrapped: Check out which artists, songs dominated 2019
- Can Michigan basketball continue incredible early run and take down No. 1 Louisville?
- Detroit schools superintendent eyes sweeping changes to boost enrollment
- Court rejects Nestle plan for bottled water pump building in Michigan
- Tom Gores donates 7,500 toys for Toys for Tots giveaway
- Tips to protect your pet from holiday dangers this season
- Police identify man killed when car crashed into pole, caught fire in Washington Township
- Read letter sent to parents after Warren 13-year-old arrested for threat that canceled school
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.