AG: Michigan man faces 21 charges for sexual assault of 14-year-old girl, threats to kill her family
A Michigan man is facing 21 criminal charges after he sexually assaulted a girl for nearly a year after her 14th birthday and threatened to kill her and her family when she tried to cut ties with him, according to the attorney general.
‘You will have shut the door on the pursuit of justice’ -- MSU, AG reach stalemate in Nassar investigation
LANSING, Mich. – Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said the investigation into Michigan State University involvement with Larry Nassar is going nowhere. According to the Attorney General’s office, the investigation remains inconclusive and nearly 6,000 school documents have not been released to investigators. Nessel sent a letter to the MSU Board of Trustees Wednesday and requested access to the 6,000 documents. “You will have shut the door on the pursuit of justice,” Nessel said in the letter. Klages was convicted of lying to a police officer in the Nassar investigation and sentenced to 90 days jail.
Hours after being charged with 24 felonies, former gymnastics coach John Geddert kills himself
LANSING, Mich. – John Geddert, the former U.S. Olympics coach and former owner of Twistars Gymnastics, killed himself Thursday hours after he was charged with 24 felonies. READ: Former US Olympics coach John Geddert kills himself following announcement of felony chargesPolice confirmed Geddert’s body was found at a rest stop on I-96 in Grand Ledge just after 3:20 p.m. Geddert was expected to be arraigned at 2 p.m. Thursday on 24 felonies, but he did not show up to the hearing. During Nassar’s trial, multiple gymnasts said they held Geddert responsible for Nassar’s abuse and said Geddert had enabled Nassar. Nessel announced the 24 felony charges against the former gymnastics coach at a press conference Thursday afternoon.
Former US Olympics coach John Geddert kills himself following announcement of felony charges
GRAND LEDGE, Mich. – Police have confirmed John Geddert, the former U.S. Olympics coach and former owner of Twistars Gymnastics, killed himself Thursday at a rest stop in Grand Ledge. He was 63 years old. According to the Michigan State Police, Geddert’s body was found at a rest area on eastbound I-96 just after 3:20 p.m.UPDATE: Hours after being charged with 24 felonies, former gymnastics coach John Geddert kills himselfProsecutors filed charges earlier that day in Eaton County against Geddert. READ: Ex-Olympics coach with ties to Nassar faces 20 human trafficking charges among othersAdThe former U.S. Olympics coach had ties to disgraced sports doctor Larry Nassar, who was sentenced to 60 years in federal prison -- 40-125 years in Eaton County prison and 40-175 years in Ingham County prison -- after more than 150 victims came forward accusing him of sexual assault. The following felony charges were filed against Geddert:14 charges of human trafficking -- forced labor resulting in injurySix charges of human trafficking of a minor for forced laborOne count of criminal enterprises -- racketeering proceedsOne count first degree criminal sexual conductOne county second degree criminal sexual conductOne count lying to a peace officer during a violent crime investigationMichigan Attorney General Dana Nessel called Geddert’s death “a tragic end to a tragic story for everyone involved.”
Ex-Olympics coach with ties to Nassar faces 20 human trafficking charges among others
LANSING, Mich. – Prosecutors filed charges Thursday in Eaton County against the former owner of Twistars Gymnastics, John Geddert. The former U.S. Olympics coach had ties to disgraced sports doctor Larry Nassar, who was sentenced to 60 years in federal prison -- 40-125 years in Eaton County prison and 40-175 years in Ingham County prison -- after more than 150 victims came forward accusing him of sexual assault. UPDATE: Former US Olympics coach John Geddert kills himself following announcement of felony chargesGeddert was the head coach of the U.S. Olympics Gymnastics team in 2012. Geddert, 63, is accused of injuring people for years through forced labor, recruiting minors for forced labor and molestation. “I am grateful for these survivors coming forward to cooperate with our investigation and for bravely sharing their stories.”
Canton Township man charged with 18 counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct
CANTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. – A Canton Township man is facing the possibility of life in prison after he was charged with 18 counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct. Shailesh Patel, 53, of Canton Township, was formally charged Thursday at 35th District Court, officials said. First-degree criminal sexual conduct is a felony punishable by up to life in prison. Police didn’t release details about the alleged crimes, but said an investigate began after one victim filed a report of the abuse. Canton Police Department investigators worked with the FBI’s SEMTEC task force on the case, officials said.
20-year-old Dearborn charged with 7 counts of criminal sexual conduct
DEARBORN, Mich. – A 20-year-old Dearborn man has been charged with seven counts of criminal sexual conduct after sexually assaulting several teenage girls, according to the Livingston County Prosecutor’s Office. Quentin Bogya was arraigned on Oct. 16 on two counts of criminal sexual conduct in the third degree, four counts of criminal sexual conduct in the fourth degree and one count of assault with intent to commit sexual penetration. Bogya is accused of giving several girls alcohol before sexually assaulting them, officials said. Bogya is being held in the Livingston County Jail. He is scheduled to be back in court on Nov. 18 for a preliminary hearing.
Brighton man held on $1M bond over suspicion of sexually abusing 13-year-old boy
MACOMB COUNTY, Mich. A Brighton man is behind bars accused of sexually abusing a 13-year-old boy. Jason Ryan Norton, 40, faced first degree criminal sexual conduct charges at his Zoom arraignment Friday. He stood in the Macomb County Jail while the magistrate worked from the 38th District Court in Eastpointe. The prosecutor said Norton drove 50 miles from Brighton to the child and took him back to Brighton and sexually assaulted him. He pleaded guilty to possessing child pornography and other sexual assaults on minors in Pontiac and in the U.P.
Michigan man arrested for sexually assaulting girlfriends young daughter 10 years ago, police say
EMMET COUNTY, Mich. A Michigan man was arrested for sexually assaulting his girlfriends young daughter about 10 years ago, state police said. Anthony Francis Wilson, 38, of East Jordan, Michigan, was arrested after a parent called Michigan State Police in April to report a child had been sexual assaulted. The alleged assault happened about 10 years ago, when Wilson was dating the childs mother, according to authorities. Wilson was charged with one county of first-degree criminal sexual conduct with multiple variables. He was arraigned at 90th District Court in Emmet County.
Northern Michigan man accused of armed standoff with police after allegedly sexually assaulting child
OSTEGO COUNTY, Mich. – A man from northern Michigan is accused of sexually assaulting a child then locking himself in a house with a gun during a standoff with police. According to officials, a child’s parents contacted Michigan State Police on March 21 and said the child had been sexually assaulted. Police interviewed the child then obtained arrest warrants for Doyle. According to police, Doyle allegedly locked himself in the basement with .22 caliber handgun. Doyle is being held in the Otsege County Jail on a $1,000,000 bond.
New charges for Northville teacher accused of sexually assaulting student
New charges for Northville teacher accused of sexually assaulting studentPublished: January 30, 2020, 5:16 pmA Northville High School teacher is accused of sexually assaulting a middle school student more than 30 times over two years.
‘There could be more victims’: Northville teacher charged with criminal sexual conduct
NORTHVILLE, Mich. – A Northville teacher is accused of carrying on a sexual relationship with a middle school-aged girl for two years. READ MORE: Teacher accused of sexual acts with girl in classroom, on airplane, 30 times at secret apartment“In this case you’re charged with three separate counts of criminal sexual conduct, first degree. Local Four reached out to Cedar Crest Academy, which sent this statement:"Dear Cedar Crest Academy Families,"It is with heavy hearts that we communicate this information to you. A former Cedar Crest Academy teacher was arrested in anticipation of potential criminal charges. This teacher has not been employed by Cedar Crest Academy or present on our campus since August 2010.
Northville teacher accused of sexually assaulting girl in classroom, on airplane, 30 times at secret apartment
A Northville High School teacher is accused of engaging in sex acts with a middle school student more than 30 times over two years, including in the classroom, at his secret apartment and even on an airplane on the way back from a class trip, officials said.
Northville High School teacher charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct
NORTHVILLE TOWNSHIP, Mich. – A Northville High School teacher was in court Wednesday after he was arrested on sexual misconduct allegations, officials said. UPDATE: Northville teacher accused of having sex with girl in classroom, on airplane, 30 times at secret apartmentDean was arrested by police and charged with three counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct -- penetration. Superintendent Mary Kay Gallagher told parents in a letter that there’s no reason to believe the allegations involve a Northville High School student. District officials are working with police to determine if there are any other victims inside or outside the district, authorities said. The following letter was sent to Northville Public Schools families on Wednesday evening:Previous coverage